As we are well aware, Rotaract and Rotary offers some pretty spectacular opportunities to travel from international conventions to immunization trips to work and fellowship exchanges. This adventure is another one for the books.
Are you free at the end of January, 2013? Are you interested in international peace and resolution issues? Do you love Hawai’i?!
The Global Rotary Peace Forum is making three stops for the 2012-2013 Rotaract year and stop number two is in Honolulu, HI, USA. Per the Peace Forum website, the conference hopes to:
- To encourage young adults to take a global perspective, and to believe that they can be catalysts for peace.
- To develop community and global peace projects involving young adults.
- To build a close working relationship between Rotary clubs and the leaders of tomorrow.
- To establish bonds of friendship and collaboration before the peace forum which can be solidified through a weekend of working together.
- To encourage continued participation in the projects that are developed as a result of this collaboration so that they become a springboard for change.
- To partner with the crew of the Hokule’a Voyaging Canoe as they embark on a three-year around the world journey to enable them to share peace projects from the Honolulu Global Peace Forum at each stop along the way.
It would be a great time, and it’s over a weekend therefore more reasonable for a quick getaway. In the Fraser Valley we are favourably situated for a short flight over. If you are interested in making the journey please contact your club president! For further information please check their website.